Easy Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Soup
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 4-5 Hours (including blending time)
- 3-3 ½ Cups of Butternut Squash (roughly 1 lb.)
- 3 Cups of Sweet Potatoes (roughly 1 lb.)
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 – 14.5 oz. Cans of Chicken Broth (or vegetable broth)
- 1 – 14 oz. Can of Unsweetened Coconut Milk or 2 cups of half and half
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Pinch of Nutmeg (optional)
- Pinch of Cinnamon (optional)
- Sour Cream
- Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Fresh Herbs
1. Peel, seed, and cut your butternut squash and sweet potatoes into one-inch chunks.
2. Place your diced butternut squash, diced sweet potatoes, and chopped onion into the crockpot. Cover with the chicken broth.
3. Cook on High for 3-4 hours or until the squash is very soft.
4. In batches, blend the soup in a food processor or blender until smooth, return to crockpot.
6. Slowly stir in the can of coconut milk or half-and-half.
7. Add your salt and pepper to taste and then the pinches of nutmeg and cinnamon.
8. Allow the soup to cook on low for an additional 30-45 minutes.
9. Serve, garnish & enjoy